Sausages with Acorn Squash & Concord Grapes
by Sarah Waldman
- 1 large acorn squash, halved, seeded, and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/4 inch wedges
- 1 cup Concord grapes*
- 2 cups of 2-inch crusty bread cubes
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh sage or rosemary leaves
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 hot or sweet Italian sausages (3/4 pound total)
Preheat oven to 475F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss squash, onion, grapes, bread cubes, and herbs with oil and arrange in an even layer; season with salt and pepper. Add sausages to sheet. Roast until vegetables are just tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings
*Because the grapes are not seeded, you will have to squish the seeds out of the cooked grapes on your plate before eating.