Rice Noodle Salad
by Gina Solon
- 1 eight-ounce package of rice noodles, linguine thickness
- 6-8 Napa cabbage leaves, sliced thinly
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 1 large bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 2/3 cup chopped salted cashews
1 medium jalapeño, seeded 2 large garlic cloves
3 tablespoons canola oil
1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
1/3 cup Vietnamese or Thai fish sauce
1⁄4 cup brown sugar
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook ac- cording to package directions, about 4-5 minutes. Drain and cool.
Mix cabbage, carrots, scallions, cilantro, and cashews into noodles.
For the dressing, mince the jalapeño and garlic with a food processor. Add the oil, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, fish sauce, and brown sugar and purée mixture together.
Toss the dressing with the salad, let sit for a few minutes and re-toss before serving.
Yield: 4-6 servings