Pink Grapefruit Salad
by Gina Solon
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- 1/2 of a small red onion, pickled (sliced thin and soaked in red wine vinegar and plum vinegar)
- 1/2 fennel bulb, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup of pistachios
- 1/3 cup microgreens
- 1 medium pink grapefruit, sectioned and membranes removed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed grapefruit
- 1/3 cup hazelnut oil (walnut oil would work too)
- 1 tsp. whole grain mustard
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
To make dressing, whisk grapefruit juice, hazelnut oil, mustard, and maple syrup.
Tear the lettuce into medium-size pieces and spread in a shallow bowl. Add in the other ingredients and dress, tossing lightly until just coated.