Millet Salad with Corn and Cumin Vinaigrette
by Hara Dretaki
- 1 cup millet, washed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 6 ears corn, kernels stripped
- 4 medium jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, large diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half or 2 medium- sized tomatoes, chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Cook the millet. After simmering, spread on a baking sheet to cool.
Husk the corn and scrape off the kernels. place them in a steamer and steam until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Drain in a sieve and chill under running water.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the lime juice, jalapeños, cumin, and salt. whisk in the oil. stir in the millet, corn, cilantro, and scallions.
Lastly, fold in the avocado and tomatoes.
Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
Makes 6 servings