by Molly Shuster
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/3 tsp. salt
- 1 cup grapeseed oil (or other neutral oil such as canola)
- chopped chives, for serving
- 12 oz. lobster meat (6 oz. per roll), roughly chopped
- hot dog buns, for serving
- butter, for grilling
In a medium bowl, whisk together the yolk, lemon juice, Dijon and salt. In a very slow and steady stream, whisk in the oil. Continue to whisk until thickened and emulsified. Check seasoning. Refrigerate until ready for use.
Toss the lobster meat with as much mayonnaise as desired. Save any extra for another use.
Butter hot dog buns and cook on the grill or griddle until nicely golden and crispy. Fill the rolls with lobster and top with a sprinkle of chives.
Yield: 2 rolls