Leo Party Salad
by Mollie Doyle
- 1-2 heads butter lettuce or any kind of mixed greens (the lettuce should be sweet to balance out the citrus)
- 1 head radicchio, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large ruby red grapefruit, peeled and sliced
- 1-2 Haas avocados, sliced on the bias
- GRAPEFRUIT VINAIGRETTE
- 2 tablespoons fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/2 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons high quality olive oil
For the vinaigrette, If you have a food processor, put all these ingredients (roughly chopped shallot) in the machine and whir it up. Otherwise, finely chop the shallot and whisk together.
Wash and rip the lettuce, add the radicchio and onion. Gently toss with your hands. Add grapefruit and avocado slices and dress with Grapefruit Vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
Yield: 2 large or 4 small salads