by Sally Sampson
- 1 can garbanzo beans (15 oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup raisins (currants or dried cranberries)
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley leaves
- 2 scallions or 1/4 small red onion (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup black or green olives (pitted and chopped)
- 1 buch flat-leaf spinach or one 5-ounce bag of baby spinach (chopped)
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your kitchen gear and ingredients and put them on a clean counter.
Put everything in the bowl and mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour to let the flavors mingle. You may store refrigerated up to two days.
Please note: Garbanzo beans are also called chickpeas.