Farro Salad with Fennel & Mint Vinaigrette
by Hara Dretaki
- 21⁄2 to 3 cups water
- 1 cup farro
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 chopped fennel
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large handful arugula leaves, tough stems removed, leaves coarsely choppe
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped mint
- Mint Vinaigrette
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1⁄2 tsp. honey
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup+ 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
Cook the farro. If the water has not been absorbed after simmering, drain the grain in a sieve.
Place the farro in a bowl and let cool. Whisk together all the vinaigrette ingredients.
When the farro has cooled, toss it with half the dressing and add salt and pepper to taste. fold in the onion, fennel, cucumber, tomatoes, arugula, parsley and mint.
Add the remaining dressing and mix well. taste and adjust the seasoning.
Makes 6 servings