Erica the Baker’s Key Lime Pie
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated Key lime rind
- 2 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
For the crust, mix all ingredients until well-blended, and press into an 8-inch pie plate. Bake at 375℉ for 7 minutes. Let cool.
Prepare the filling by combining all ingredients until smooth and spread evenly into pie crust. Chill for at least 2 hours (even better to let it sit overnight). Whip the cream for the topping until peaks start to form, add powdered sugar and continue to whip until stiff peaks form. Pipe on top of the pie just before serving.