by Mollie Doyle
- 1 coconut, fresh and cut up, or use large dried coconut chips
- ½ cup plain yogurt (I use Mermaid Farm yogurt)
- 2 small chili peppers or 1 jalapeño
- 1½ tsp. salt
- 1½ tsp. olive oil
- 5-6 curry leaves (curry leaves are not to be confused with curry, which is a spice mixture.)
- ¾ tsp. brown mustard seed
- 2 tsp. chickpea powder
Mix yogurt and coconut and pepper together with salt. Heat olive oil and add curry leaves, mustard seed, and chickpea powder. Allow 5 minutes to cool and add to yogurt/coconut blend. Add lemon juice if you crave more citrus. Caramelized onions are a nice garnish with this.
Recipe yields 6 servings.