Cilantro Dipping Sauce
by Mollie Doyle
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (or to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup hot vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons diced tofu (preferably silken)
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Combine the cilantro, lime juice, garlic, ginger, vegetable stock, tofu, salt and pepper in a blender and puree. Correct the seasoning, adding lime juice, salt or sugar to taste.
Note: The sauce should be creamy, but not too thick. It will thicken as it sits. Add stock to thin it as necessary.
Yield: 1 cup