Brown Rice Salad
by Gina Solon
- 1 1⁄2 cups short grain brown rice
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 red pepper, roasted and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup canned chickpeas
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup feta, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus more for roasting zucchini
- Salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 450°.
Meanwhile, bring a pot to boil. Cook brown rice, and set aside to cool.
Toss the zucchini with olive oil and salt on a cookie sheet and place on top rack of oven. Cook for 7-10 minutes or until just browned. Set aside to cool.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, finishing with salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well combined, and refrigerate to chill.
Yield: 4-6 servings