- 1 cup mung dhal (dried mung bean halves without skins, or yellow lentils)
- 1 cup of water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 oz. pork, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp. finely grated ginger
- 1⁄2 cup fresh bean sprouts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kim chi or shredded white Chinese cabbage
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
Wash Mung Dhall and soak in cold water overnight. Rinse and drain well, then blend with 1 cup of water in a blender. Puree until smooth. Pour into a bowl, add all the other ingredients and mix well. Heat a griddle or heavy frying pan and cook whatever size pancakes you’d like until browned on both sides.
Serve hot or cold, with the Bulgogi dipping sauce, if you’d like.
Serves 4 to 6
Recipe adapted from The Complete Asian Cookbook by Charmaine Soloman.