by Gina Solon
- 4 ciabatta or brioche rolls
- 1/4 pound country (pork) pâté
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- 1/2 head small red cabbage
- 1/2 fennel bulb
- 5-6 radishes
- 2 medium carrots
- 1/2 small red or orange pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- CHILI MAYO
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2-3 heaping tablespoons chili powder
Using a mandolin or knife, thinly slice the cabbage, fennel, radishes and carrots. Mix together the soy sauce, vinegar, lime juice and agave in a large bowl. Add vegetables to sauce mixture, toss to coat and set aside.
For the chili mayo, mix together mayonnaise and chili powder in a small bowl.
Slice each roll in half and slather both sides with mayo. Add a slice of pâté and top with heaping mound of slaw. Garnish with a few sprigs of cilantro.
Yield: 4 servings