Apricot Hot Pepper Jelly
by Lexie Roth
- 2 large Vidalia onions, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 1/2 cup organic, dried apricots
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried, unsweetened coconut shavings
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup apricot jelly
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped, fresh, hot chili pepper (approximately 3 chilis)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper, to taste
Sauté the onion in peanut oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until golden, about 8 minutes.
Add the apricots, raisins and coconut and continue to cook for 3 minutes. Lower the heat to medium and add the vinegar and jelly. Cook for another 2 minutes. Add the hot chili pepper, salt and pepper to taste and remove from the heat and allow to cool.
Just before serving, add lemon.
Will keep for 2 weeks, covered in the fridge.
Yield: 2 cups