Ancho Chili Grilled Shrimp
- 1 lb. large shrimp (16-20 per pound), shelled and deveined
- 1 medium dried ancho chili, plus boiling water to soften them
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice from 1 orange
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- skewers (soaked in water for about an hour)
Remove softened ancho from water. Chop the skin part of the pepper finely, (it will almost make a paste). Mix everything together in a medium bowl. Add the shrimp and let sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Put the shrimp on the skewers, about 5 per. Bring your grill to medium heat and lay the skewers on.
Let them cook about 1-2 minutes per side, just until orange. Do not overcook.
Yield: 4 skewers